Christmas is our favorite holiday because it revolves around our favorite things: faith, family and food. My sisters, my mom, and I spend hours in the kitchen, making everything from little appetizer bites to our favorite desserts—sugar cookies, apple pie, and mint fudge. Yummy!
We are sharing a festive appetizer for all your elves visiting for the holidays! Our Christmas Bruschetta is a quick and filling appetizer that will have your family and friends wanting more....
- A loaf of your favorite crusty Italian bread
- 3- 4 Roma tomatoes
- Small yellow onion
- Fresh mozzarella (approximate 24 slices; 1/2 pound)
- Salted butter
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the bread in thin slices. Cover with butter and bake until bread edges are golden brown. Times vary upon ovens (typically 10 minutes).
- While bread is baking, begin slicing the onions, tomatoes and cheese in thin slices appropriately sized for the bread.
- When bread is lightly browned, remove from the oven and leave oven on. Begin to build each bruschetta similar to a sandwich. First, layer a slice of onion, then a slice of tomato and finally mozzarella. When all are compiled, put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown around 4-5 minutes. Pull out of oven and serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette on top.
These little appetizers are best enjoyed hot out of the oven with family during your Christmas festivities. Remember to drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on top. Enjoy!
Do you have a holiday recipe you like to make each year?
Let us know in the comments below.